What's buzzing:

Boxing Experts Blog

Another day, another lawsuit filed against Floyd Mayweather

Steve Cofield
Boxing

View photo

.

MayweatherHAT

For his own self-preservation, Floyd Mayweather may want to come running back to the boxing ring. Fighting Manny Pacquiao isn't a safe proposition, but at least the eight week training camp would keep Floyd away from Las Vegas-area security guards and bouncers.

Mayweather, who is already dealing with two security guard-related incidents, now has another one on his plate.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Floyd's latest legal tussle involves a Las Vegas bouncer:

[...] Mayweather and his companies are being sued by a bouncer at the Strip nightclub Drai's (Bill's Gamblin' Hall & Saloon) after he was assaulted, the lawsuit said, by the boxer's bodyguard Jan. 2.

In a lawsuit filed last week in Clark County District Court, Clay Gerling alleged that an unknown bodyguard for Mayweather "maliciously assaulted and battered plaintiff, by grabbing the plaintiff, and choking him."

The Las Vegas Sun has more specifics:

The suit said Gerling was working as a security guard and had "carded," or asked for identification from Mayweather and others in his group when an unnamed Mayweather bodyguard grabbed and choked Gerling.

The suit says Gerling suffered injuries to his head and neck that may be permanent as well as "extreme and severe mental anguish."

Mayweather is now fighting a total of four battles around Las Vegas.{ysp:more}

1. The boxer last week was charged in Las Vegas Justice Court with two misdemeanor harassment counts after an October confrontation with Southern Highlands security guards over parking issues.

TMZ chronicled the threat:

Mayweather allegedly threatened the guards -- who patrol the boxer's upscale housing community -- after he noticed the citations, claiming, "My homies have guns. If you want me to call them, they'd come over here and take care of you."

This latest incident with his community security guards is on top of an assault charge he's facing.

2. Mayweather faces a misdemeanor battery charge in connection with a Nov. 15 incident involving another guard, Shayne Smith.

[...] A confrontation ensued, and the boxer was verbally abusive and jabbed his finger into Smith's cheek, resulting in redness and discoloration on the left side of Smith's face, police said. A bench trial in that case is set for Sept. 1.

The most serious charge Mayweather's facing is one involving the mother of his children.

3. Mayweather also faces a July 29 preliminary hearing on felony charges, including coercion, grand larceny and robbery, in connection with a Sept. 9 incident with his three children and their mother, Josie Harris. Mayweather is free on $31,000 bail in that case.

Top Rank Promotions and Bob Arum made it clear on Saturday that Mayweather isn't even in the discussion for a Pacquiao fight in 2011. TRP is targeting Juan Manuel Marquez or Timothy Bradley for a November fight in Las Vegas.

Sign up for Yahoo Fantasy Football
View Comments (0)