After enjoying this picture of Mariah Carey throwing out a first pitch at a Japanese baseball game, let's take a quick trip around the baseball blogosphere ...
• For those of you money-minded folks, here's a closer look at Bruce's service time situation. [Redleg Nation]
• And here I thought the Cubs were the only team to feature passed out girls lying in a vomit-stained gutter well before the first pitch. [The Fightins']
• In light of last night's walkoff loss to the Mariners, here's a question: When should the Red Sox get their Papelbon on? [Red Sox Monster]
• Billy Beane wraps up his marathon chat with the fine folks at the best A's blog. [Athletics Nation]
• Here's a cool essay contest with a cool prize (a DVD box set): If you could take anyone to Fenway Park for a game, who would it be? [Surviving Grady]