VIDEO SHOWS: TWO-TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION PETRA KVITOVA WINNING HER MATCH AGAINST BARBORA KREJCIKOVA AT AN ALL-CZECH TOURNAMENT / OFFICIALS, BALL GIRLS, WORKERS, AND TEAMS WEARING MASKS AND PRACTISING SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES AT TOURNAMENT
RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
SHOWS: PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC (MAY 26, 2020) (REUTERS - ACCESS ALL)
1. TWO-TIME WIMBLEDON CHAMPION, PETRA KVITOVA, SERVING AGAINST BARBORA KREJCIKOVA (NOT SEEN)
2. KVITOVA SERVING IN FRONT OF SMALL CROWD OF MOSTLY JOURNALISTS, WORKERS AND SPECIAL GUESTS
3. VARIOUS MORE OF KVITOVA PLAYING KREJCIKOVA
4. BALL GIRL IN MASKS TOSSING BALLS TO KVITOVA
5. KVITOVA TAKING BALLS AND PREPARING TO SERVE
6. WORKERS IN MASKS WATCHING MATCH THROUGH CHAIN LINK FENCE
7. KVITOVA SERVING MATCH POINT
8. VARIOUS OF WORKER USING MEASURING TAPE TO SPACE CHAIRS TO FIT SOCIAL-DISTANCING GUIDELINES
9. BALL GIRLS IN MASKS ATTENDING MATCH
10. CZECH REPUBLIC'S KRISTYNA PLISKOVA PLAYING IN MATCH AGAINST CZECH REPUBLIC'S KAROLINA MUCHOVA
11. LINE JUDGE WEARING MASK
12. KAROLINA MUCHOVA USING TOWEL, NO TOWEL GIRLS AT TOURNAMENT
13. COACHES WATCHING
14. MUCHOVA WALKING OFF COURT AS NEW CREW OF BALL GIRLS JOG ONTO COURT WEARING MASKS
15. CZECH REPUBLIC'S BARBORA STRYCOVA DURING HER MATCH AGAINST CZECH REPUBLIC'S LINDA FRUHVIRTOVA
STORY: Petra Kvitova easily advanced in an all-Czech tournament in Prague on Tuesday (May 26) beating Barbora Krejcikova 7-6(3) 6-2.
The tournament was televised, but played in front of mostly empty stands with just a handful of journalists, team members and VIP guests watching from chairs spaced apart to respect social-distancing measures.
The tournament, with eight players in both the men's and women's draw, was designed to resemble regular tennis as much as possible.
There was no towel service and ball boys and girls and line judges wore masks and gloves as they worked the matches which also did not feature handshakes between competitors.
The return to action is one of the first after pro tennis tours were suspended in early March as countries went into lockdown to contain the spread of the new coronavirus.
Some exhibition events without fans have been held in countries like Germany and the United States while more are planned elsewhere in the coming weeks.
The Czech Republic has gradually reversed lockdown measures. It has reported less than 100 new cases of the virus a day for much of May while two thirds of the nearly 9,000 people infected have recovered.
Kvitova will play Katerina Siniakova in a semifinal match on Wednesday (May 27) after Siniakova advanced over Lucie Hradecka.
Wednesday's other semi features Barbora Strycova and Karolina Muchova with the final being played between the winners of each on Thursday (May 28).
(Production: Kurt Michael Hall)