The former UFC heavyweight champ took the beating of his life in his last fight, but don't think that'll stop him.
2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The stories that stood out in the world of sports
Year in Review 2012: Astronomical Wonders
Once-in-a-lifetime astronomical events and monumental scientific achievements drove people to look to the skies and online on Yahoo! throughout 2012.
- Photo By Brian van der Brug Sun, Dec 2, 2012 12:00 AM EST
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- After LeBron James' last-second layup beats Pacers, Roy Hibbert vows not to sit quietly again
Curiously left on the bench at the end of devastating OT loss to the Heat, All-Star center Roy Hibbert says his coach and the Heat will hear from him next time.
- Kevin Durant’s giant back tattoo is finished, may (or may not) include misspelling
Kevin Durant's collection of "business tattoos" took a number of folks by surprise two summers ago. Some were struck by the torso-covering tats, which they viewed as a departure from the clean-cut, broad-appeal persona he'd cultivated; this seemed like a … Continue reading →
- Sergio Garcia's racist comment makes him the loser in his feud with Tiger Woods
With one stupid comment Sergio Garcia turned a healthy feud with Tiger Woods into one with racist undertones that golf wants no part of.
- San Francisco wins bid for Super Bowl L
As expected, the 49ers' new stadium will host the NFL's championship in 2016.
- 49ers WR Michael Crabtree could miss 2013 season after suffering a torn Achilles
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree suffered a torn Achilles during the team's OTA practice on Tuesday and could miss the entire 2013 season, Mike Garafolo of the USA Today reports. The severity of the tear (complete or partial … Continue reading →
- Lee Trevino wishes he would have never done his ‘Happy Gilmore’ cameo
For golfers, "Happy Gilmore" is one of the sacred films of our time here on Earth, a mix of ridiculousness, golf and long drives that few real sports fans pass up if they see it while scrolling the channels on … Continue reading →
- Ridiculous leap over catcher propels improbable prep baseball upset
Not only did Elk Grove (Calif.) Franklin High upset The Sacramento Bee's top-ranked prep baseball team, but junior star Sean Nicholson made Davis (Calif.) High look silly. Scoring amid a seven-run barrage in the top of the seventh inning, Nicholson … Continue reading →