Yankees takeaways from Friday's game against Tigers, including Domingo German giving up four homers
The Yankees lost to the Detroit Tigers, 8-7, on Friday afternoon as their spring training slate continued.
Here are the takeaways...
- Domingo German got roped around, giving up four homers in 2.2 innings. Overall, he allowed seven runs on nine hits while walking none and striking out one. His ERA for the spring is 8.71.
- Anthony Volpe had a quiet day at the plate, going 0-for-4 with a strikeout. Volpe, who is hitting .294, is firmly on the radar for a potential spot on the Opening Day roster.
- Oswald Peraza, also in the shortstop mix, went 1-for-3 with two runs scored. He's batting .240.
- Aaron Hicks went 2-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa got the start in center field and was flawless defensively. At the plate, he went 1-for-3 with a strikeout.
- Estevan Florial had a big day, going 2-for-4 with three RBI.
The Yankees travel to face the Toronto Blue Jays on Saturday at 1:07 p.m.