It's NFL season and that means you've got a chance at $100,000 with Sunday Night 7. Predict what will happen on Sunday Night Football and watch along to see if you'll be the next big winner. Click here to get started with the NBC Sports Predictor app.
We've officially passed the last Sunday without NFL regular season action. Rejoice! With just days before Week 1 kicks off, fantasy managers are ramping up for their first matchups of the season. Of course, that means projections and rankings will dictate who makes the cut for manager's starting lineups. To help make some start/sit decisions at the RB position for opening week matchups, we've got you covered with our Week 1 projections, part of our all-new football season tools.
Our 2022 Football Season Tools are loaded with everything you need from the moment your draft ends through the fantasy football playoffs. Filled with rankings (weekly, rest-of-season, IDP and dynasty), weekly and rest-of-season projections, league sync, start/sit advice, lineup advising and so much more - we're confident this year's edition is among the finest we've ever produced. If you're looking to get an edge on your league mates week in, week out, then our tools will be exactly what you're after. They're an essential component for every fantasy manager, from Week 1 all the way to when you'll absolutely, certainly be hoisting your leagues championship trophy.
Editor's Note: Now, all our premium tools for Fantasy, DFS and Betting are included in one subscription at one low price. Customers can subscribe to NBC Sports EDGE+ monthly for $9.99. Click here to learn more!
For our first season tools preview, we take a look at the Week 1 RB projections. These weekly numbers are often the easiest way for managers to gauge which players to start, as they offer an instant idea of whether a given player is set up for a big game or a matchup to avoid. The running back position is one of the most important in fantasy football on a weekly basis, and our projections can help you make the right lineup decisions when setting your lineups. With all this being said, let's see which early-round studs are projected to lead RBs across Week 1 action and which backs make their way into the top 15.
Let's jump right in:
RB Projections, Week 1 | Based on Yahoo! Standard Scoring
1. Jonathan Taylor (IND) vs. HOU - 24 proj. fantasy pts
2. Najee Harris (PIT) vs. CIN - 21.1 proj. fantasy pts
3. Christian McCaffrey (CAR) vs. CLE - 19.2 proj. fantasy pts
4. Nick Chubb (CLE) vs. CAR - 18.9 proj. fantasy pts
5. Joe Mixon (CIN) vs. PIT - 17.2 proj. fantasy pts
6. Austin Ekeler (LAC) vs. LV - 16.9 proj. fantasy pts
7. Aaron Jones (GB) vs. MIN - 16 proj. fantasy pts
8. Alvin Kamara (NO) vs. ATL - 14.6 proj. fantasy pts
9. James Conner (ARI) vs. KC - 14.4 proj. fantasy pts
10. Cordarrelle Patterson (ATL) vs. NO - 14.3 proj. fantasy pts
11. Clyde Edwards-Helaire (KC) vs. ARI - 13.9 proj. fantasy pts
12. Saquon Barkley (NYG) vs. TEN - 13.8 proj. fantasy pts
13. Antonio Gibson (WSH) vs. JAX - 13.7 proj. fantasy pts
14. Leonard Fournette (TB) vs. DAL - 13.7 proj. fantasy pts
15. Ezekiel Elliott (DAL) vs. TB - 13.2 proj. fantasy pts
To see the full Week 1 projections for running backs and other positions, be sure to check out our 2022 Season Tools!
Fantasy football guru Matthew Berry has joined the team and his two shows have you covered all season long. Spend weekdays at noon with the Fantasy Football Happy Hour and then, every Sunday at 11am getting ready for kickoff with the Fantasy Football Pregame. Watch both shows live on Peacock and catch replays for the weekday show on the NFL on NBC YouTube channel.