Gritty became an instant icon thanks in large part to his unforgettable looks, but what if ... those looks could be improved? Is it even possible?
That was the question when the cast of Netflix's "Queer Eye" descended upon the Flyers' practice facility in a special episode of the hit show this week. To wrap up their time in Philadelphia, the Fab 5 took on Gritty's unique fashion and grooming as one more challenge - after the Phillie Phanatic recommended his orange buddy for the role:
One final hero for QUEER EYE SEASON 5?! We wonder who it could be 🤔🤔🤔🤔 pic.twitter.com/2GfZGkyZ1u
— Queer Eye (@QueerEye) June 30, 2020
The cast's goal was to "take this orange, fluffy mess to gameday best," but ultimately Gritty got the better of the cast, because of course he did.
A few highlights:
• Tan France telling Gritty that his "a-- looks great, just FYI. Great a--."
• Bobby's faux Gritty fur in the Flyers' locker room stalls, which I now want to put on every surface in my house
• Gritty choosing a cheesesteak for breakfast, lunch and dinner, much to Antoni's chagrin
• Jonathan saying that Gritty has "the confidence that inspires a whole nation," which is true
• The Gritty security detail at the very end
Ultimately, the Fab 5 agree that Gritty doesn't need to change anything about his appearance, because he's already the best.
It's all very adorable and mascot-y, a perfect dose of happiness in an otherwise unusual time.
You can watch the full episode below:
Keep being you, Gritty.
Sports Uncovered is on all podcast platforms: click here to subscribe now!
More on the Flyers
Watch Queer Eye's Fab 5 try to give Gritty a one-of-a-kind makeover originally appeared on NBC Sports Philadelphia