Your dad’s cool, but is he Hall-of-Fame quarterback cool? New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has given us a bit of insight into his parenting style, and it apparently involves lots of pass routes. Behold:
A post shared by Drew Brees (@drewbrees) on Nov 7, 2018 at 8:10pm PST
Well, that’s just about as cute as it gets, I don’t care who you are. But we have a few points to make here, of course.
• In this particular session, Brees went 8-for-13, but the five incompletions were almost entirely due to receiver error. One left-handed shovel-pass flick also fell for an incompletion. Granted, there was no defense here, but Brees is accustomed to that; he’s played the Giants and Browns this season, of course.
• Brees shows quality target distribution to keep all his receivers happy; only one makes a circuit without getting a throw. This bodes well for new receiver Dez Bryant, who’s a man who likes to get his targets.
• Brees’ daughter, lurking in the flats over in the left corner of the frame, presents a bit of a conundrum. Is she supposed to be on defense? If so, she’s giving far too much of a cushion to the receivers. And if she’s on offense, Brees isn’t even looking her way. Perhaps she’s a decoy.
Anyway, this is a great little video and it’ll do your heart good to watch it a few times.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Fed-up 7-year-old’s hilarious letter to Cowboys owner
• Floyd Mayweather calls off fight against kickboxer
• Le’VeonBell sighting is followed by cryptic tweets
• A hero’s welcome: The lives Watt helped save