- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The Carolina Panthers got a late touchdown against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, taking the lead with 35 seconds to play.
The Buccaneers didn’t have much time, but they had one timeout and needed only to get into field-goal range for a chance to tie the game.
But on first down, Kawann Short strip-sacked Winston, the seventh sack and third lost fumble of the day for the Tampa Bay quarterback. The officials gave Carolina possession.
And Winston lost his mind.
He was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.
But Winston wasn’t done, even after he stormed off the field: as the game wound down, he sprinted off the sideline and back onto the field, shoving an unnamed man, likely a team staff member, in the process. What was he going to do? Who knows.
Winston appeared to be upset that possession was given to the Panthers, and believed he didn’t lose the ball.
Despite his immature antics, Winston gathered himself quickly. When the game ended, he approached referee Jerome Boger, shaking his hand and spending several seconds talking to him.
More NFL coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Teams want NFL to force Packers to release Rodgers over IR use
• Gruden reportedly calling would-be assistants
• Star QB may return to UCLA to avoid being drafted by Browns
• Steelers cut 5-time Pro Bowler James Harrison