The San Francisco 49ers made headlines on Tuesday when they acquired star pass rusher Chase Young from the Washington Commanders before the trade deadline. The 49ers reportedly acquired the former No. 2 overall pick with a third round compensatory pick in the 2024 NFL draft.
Through seven games in the 2023 season, Young has recorded 15 tackles, six tackles for loss to go along with five sacks and nine quarterback hits. Young will now slide into to an already stacked defensive front that features his former college teammate at Ohio Stat and reigning Defensive Player of the Year Nick Bosa.
With Young on his way to San Francisco, here’s a look at what the 49ers projected defensive end depth chart could look like when they welcome the Jacksonville Jaguars to Levi’s Stadium in Week 10.
Left Defensive End:
1. Chase Young – No. NA – Ohio State – 5 Sacks
2. Clelin Ferrell – No. 94 – Clemson – 0.5 Sacks
3. Drake Jackson – No. 95 – USC – 3 sacks
Right Defensive End
1. Nick Bosa – No. 97 – Ohio State – 3 Sacks
2. Randy Gregory – No. 5 – Nebraska – 2 Sacks
3. Robert Beal Jr. (Rookie) – No. 55 – Georgia – 0 Sacks (IR)