- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
There had to be moments when Teddy Bridgewater wasn’t sure he’d ever be back in uniform for an NFL game.
Bridgewater made it all the way back from a horrific knee injury suffered more than 14 months ago and was active for the Minnesota Vikings’ game against the Washington Redskins. It was his first game back since suffering the injury. Just before kickoff, the moment seemed to hit Bridgewater and he started breaking down on the sideline while his teammates came over to share it with him.
Just before last season started, Bridgewater suffered a freak injury in practice. He injured his knee so severely that there was a concern he could lose his leg. Certainly there were no guarantees the talented young Vikings quarterback would play again. He missed all last season and the first half of this season.
Bridgewater wasn’t starting on Sunday, but that didn’t diminish the moment. Just being back on the sideline in uniform was an overwhelming moment.
– – – – – – –
More NFL coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Report: Goodell wanted $50 million salary, private jet
• Bears’ challenge backfires horrifically
• Protesting Titans star shows support for military
• Seahawks face possible penalty for violating concussion protocol