Reavie’s tie for second Sunday at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am jumped him to No. 43 in the Official World Golf Ranking, which moves him closer to a Masters invite.
The top 50 in the world rankings the week prior to the Masters will get invitations, if they don’t already have one.
Reavie moved up from No. 61 in the world. He has finished second in back-to-back weeks now. He lost in a playoff to Gary Woodland last week at the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
Scott dropped outside the top 50 for the first time in 413 weeks, since April of 2010. The former world No. 1 has now slid to No. 51.
Scott, however, doesn’t have to worry about a Masters invite. He is in as the 2013 Masters champion.
Reavie charged into contention at Pebble Beach Sunday with five birdies on the front nine. He made the turn just two off the lead, but he didn’t make another birdie the rest of the way and couldn’t catch Ted Potter Jr. on the back.
“I wasn’t physically tired, just mentally I made some mistakes,” Reavie said of the challenge of being in contention in back-to-back weeks.
Reavie, 36, is looking for his second PGA Tour title, his first since winning the RBC Canadian Open in ’08. He’s looking to earn his fourth invite to the Masters.
“I’ve been hitting the ball well for a while,” Reavie said of his run of strong play. “Just haven’t been piecing it together. I think I’ve figured out a way to piece it together. The biggest thing is making less bogeys.”