The New England Patriots met with the media one last time on Thursday as they prepare for Super Bowl LIII against the Los Angeles Rams at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.
One of the most notable storylines heading into the championship game is the level of experience New England bring as the franchise are set to make their 11th appearance.
Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady are both set to make their ninth appearance, which is the most by any coach and player.
Tight end Rob Gronkowski, who has been with Brady for nine seasons, does not believe experience will play a big factor in Super Bowl LIII.
"Experience doesn't even matter. It's all about how you go out and play that day, that game, coming up this Sunday and so you've just got to be ready, prepared," Gronkowski said. "It doesn't matter how many years you've played. It's the best team, the best players that go out and play the best."
Here's a look at seven key quotes from the Patriots' final media session:
– "I think I'm a better player now than I was in 2001. I don't think I was the best player I could possibly be at that point. There's been a lot of work and effort over the years to try and get to where I'm at now and it's really about playing at a championship level."
– "Playing in [the Super Bowl], you have the two best teams and you fight it out and just one team wins and there's no do-overs. There isn't any re-takes or Hollywood scripts or anything. This is live bullets and we've got to go out there and get the job done under pressure. I'm looking forward to it."
– "I think our team has done everything we've asked them to do this week. They've worked extremely hard, they've been focused. They spend a lot of extra time doing things. The Rams are a hard team to prepare for, as we've mentioned, and they've done a lot to try and put in extra time and preparation for that."
– "The players are playing the biggest game of the year, the biggest game of their life, coaching the biggest game of your life. It's a great opportunity. You put everything into it that you can and do the best you can."
– "Throughout the year we were having a rollercoaster of a season, you know, up and down. You've seen it many times in the NFL with many teams, but we knew that when we were down if we stuck together, we came together stronger. No one separated themselves. Everybody came together as a family, basically."
– "The way that Tom just comes out every single day just feels like he has a chip on his shoulder ... He's been a great mentor, the way he's done it. It's an honour to be able to go through this whole process, go through this many years and watch one of the best do it."
– "Anytime you're not playing when you get hurt, it's mentally and psychologically very tough on an athlete ... It was definitely tough, but you learn a lot about yourself in those low points. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. That's when you go into competition mode and you compete and try to get healthy and try to move on and put your best foot forward."