Who among us hasn’t been there, Valentine’s Day without a date. It even happens to elite Olympic athletes with extremely public personal lives. With Tiger Woods firmly in the rear-view mirror, Lindsey Vonn took to Twitter for some Valentine’s Day fun.
At 3:52 p.m. Korea time, Vonn polled her 994,000 Twitter followers to see if there was a person out there willing to be her valentine. Plenty of replies ensued.
— lindsey vonn (@lindseyvonn) February 14, 2018
Some questioned Vonn’s tactics, others had fun with her. She seemed to take it all in stride.
Eventually, one offer came in that Vonn found “enticing.” A Matt Lucas, who is apparently a sports medicine resident at Stanford, offered to send her a valentine “in the form of kinesiotape and PRP to heal [Vonn’s] ailments.”
God let it be me… I’ve got feet on the ground in Pyeongchang to hand deliver your valentine in the form of kinesiotape and PRP to heal your ailments ❤️ just say the word
— Matt Lucas (@dr_MLucas) February 14, 2018
You would imagine Vonn is pretty well taken care of by Team USA in the sports medicine department, but we guess it’s the sentiment that counts.
And hey, no matter what happens, Vonn at least has her adorable dog to keep her company.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Mastro posts inspirational message after crashing out in halfpipe
• South Korea approves $2.6M fund to pay North Korea’s Olympic expenses
• Aaron Rodgers and Matt Hamilton are officially mustache brothers (photos)
• How did married figure skaters spend Valentine’s Day in PyeongChang?
• Internet explodes in protest after White drags American flag