- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Michael Beasley was arrested for marijuana possession. Again. From Arizona Sports:
The 24-year-old was arrested by Scottsdale PD early Tuesday morning for marijuana possession near Scottsdale and McCormick roads.
According to police, Beasley was stopped for a traffic violation and as the officer approached the vehicle he smelled marijuana emanating from within the car. A search of the driver's area recovered marijuana.
Beasley was booked pending chargers for possession of marijuana and released.
The former second overall pick in the 2008 NBA draft violated the NBA’s anti-drug policy twice while a member of the Miami Heat, with the first time coming at the NBA’s rookie camp that was created to warn players about drug use. He also was cited for use while a member of the Minnesota Timberwolves, and has committed multiple (very stupid, and some would say far more dangerous than recreational drug use) driver violations, including one from last winter.
Related coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
• Sixers speed up coaching search
• Watch: Stephen Curry's intense offseason workout regimen
• Former All-Star Chris Gatling pleads guilty to theft, forgery charges
• Kurt Rambis: Lakers aren't built for speed