- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Boston Red Sox legend David Ortiz is now a member of the media, since he spends his Octobers talking baseball for Fox Sports. But from the look of things, he might not be capable of adhering to the age-old “No cheering in the press box” rule when it comes to his former teammates.
Big Papi was watching, like we all were, as the Red Sox battled the Houston Astros in Game 4 of the American League Championship Series on Tuesday. Boston was able to turn a close 4-2 game into an 8-2 final with one swing of Jackie Bradley Jr.’s bat. He crushed an eighth-inning grand slam off Roberto Osuna that was the death knell.
There may not have been anyone more excited than Ortiz. Watch his reaction inside the Fox studios:
That’s a pretty great example of what it’s like to be a sports fan — even when you’re also a sports icon.
Can’t wait to see how hyped he gets if the Red Sox make the World Series again.
– – – – – –
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Ex-teammates paint disturbing portrait of Aaron Hernandez
• Kellen Winslow to be tried over 2003 rape allegation
• Tyreek Hill seeking charges against beer-pouring fan
• Aaron Rodgers rescues Packers once again