Amid a growing group of young star players around the league, 39-year-old New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees finished the fan ballot portion of Pro Bowl voting with more votes than anyone.
The NFL announced the results on Friday from fan voting, which ended a day earlier. The 11-time Pro Bowl passer Brees got 1,270,631 votes to top all players, ahead of second-place Patrick Mahomes (1,197,370 votes), the second-year Kansas City Chiefs QB who has thrown 45 touchdown passes in 14 games in his first season as a starter.
Rounding out the top five was New York Giants rookie running back Saquon Barkley (987,562 votes), plus a pair of Los Angeles Rams teammates -- running back Todd Gurley (957,052) and quarterback Jared Goff (838,561).
Seven of the top 10 players receiving votes have three seasons or fewer of NFL experience.
The fan vote is merely one factor deciding the Pro Bowl rosters, as the league's players and coaches also get the opportunity to make selections -- with their voting done on Friday. The final Pro Bowl rosters will be revealed on Tuesday, Dec. 18 on NFL Network.
The Pro Bowl will take place on Jan. 27 on Orlando.
NFL PRO BOWL -- TOP-10 VOTE-GETTERS, FAN VOTE
1. Saints QB Drew Brees, 1,270,631
2. Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes, 1,197,370
3. Giants RB Saquon Barkley, 987,562
4. Rams RB Todd Gurley, 957,052
5. Rams QB Jared Goff, 838,561
6. Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott, 827,888
7. Steelers RB James Conner, 817,495
8. Steelers WR Antonio Brown, 778,630
9. Saints RB Alvin Kamara, 776,846
10. Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill, 753,981
--Field Level Media