The Boston Celtics overcame multiple comeback attempts by the Miami Heat in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals to earn a date with the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals. Marcus Ericsson won the Indy 500 in thrilling fashion after a brutal mistake by the leader late in the race and Shohei Ohtani continued his baseball brilliance with two home runs in the Angels’ loss to the Blue Jays.
- Smart to inbound. Hits Tatum, spins, fires, butter.
JARED QUAY: Happy Monday morning, everyone. I don't know about you, but I am still recovering from Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals. The pendulum was swinging all throughout the series, and Game 7 was no exception. Let's check it out, thanks to Live Hoops on Hulu. Hulu Plus Live TV has sports news and tons of entertainment.
The Heat were playing for a trip to the finals on their home floor. And superstar Jimmy Butler laid it all on the line.
- Tire change after one lap. Butler with some room service.
JARED QUAY: Jimmy's 35 points helped the Heat erased multiple double digit deficits. And Butler gave his squad a chance to take the lead in the final seconds, but it wouldn't fall. Oh, my goodness. And with that, the Boston Celtics knocked off the top seed in the East and will head to the franchise's 22nd NBA Finals. Jayson Tatum, Marcus Smart, and Jaylen Brown all turned out top notch performances.
- Brown with the float game, got it.
JARED QUAY: Boston won three road games in this series and will start their championship quest on the road in San Francisco taking on the Golden State Warriors in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday. You can watch all the NBA drama unfold on Hulu with Hulu Plus Live TV.
- Marcus Ericsson wins the Indianapolis 500 in the most dramatic way!
JARED QUAY: That was Marcus Ericsson getting an unlikely yet thrilling win at the Indy 500. He had some help though, like when Scott Dixon, who was leading the race with 23 laps to go, did this.
- Gibson locks up. Is that going to be a pit speed violation?
JARED QUAY: Yo, how are you going to get someone a speeding ticket during a frickin' race? That mistake caused Dixon the Indy 500. In fairness to Ericsson, he took advantage of the mistake and managed to hang on during an insane final two laps.
- Here in the front have won the Indy 500. There is 1/2 miles to go! And O'Ward is on the attack! Here comes Pato! Ericsson won't let it happen!
JARED QUAY: That's one hell of a finish. Congrats to Marcus, will become just the second Swede to win the Indy 500. Sunday was packed with exciting baseball action. But we got to highlight my man Shohei Ohtani. Shohei and the Angels ended up losing the thriller to the Blue Jays by a score of 11 to 10. But I don't even care about who won, because we are watching a once in a lifetime player in Shohei. My dude's day job is pitching. Yet he just did his 10th and 11th home runs of the season in this game.
- Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom!
JARED QUAY: He's only seven dingers behind the league leader Aaron Judge. What Shohei is doing is utterly insane. So we'll leave you with this Ohtani appreciation post. Enjoy.
- Drive right field, hit well. Sad look, that one is gone! The Tutu. Driven center field. Shohei Ohtani staring that one down! Oh, my! Forget about that one! Multi home run game! One nothing. Wearing that cowboy hat. Shohei Ohtani.
- Giddy up, cowboy.