ESPN and Louisville want UofL fans to have fun Saturday on Game Day. Here are some guidelines for the frivolity.
The ESPN College GameDay set will be on the lawn in front of Grawemeyer Hall (2301 S 3rd Street Louisville, KY 40208). Lines are expected to form for fans to gain access to the areas closest to the stage beginning at 4 a.m., however, tents are not permitted. The pit behind the stage will open at approximately 5 a.m.
PARKING FOR GAMEDAY?
Limited free parking (about 600 spaces) is available for the public on Saturday morning only in the parking lot at 2545 South 3rd Street, located south of Eastern Parkway on 3rd Street. Fans may park in this lot until 2 p.m.Additional parking may be available surrounding the UofL campus, but some lots are used for event parking related to the game Saturday night.
RULES FOR THE PIT?
The Ville’ns, UofL’s student support group, will assist in handing out T-shirts to the first 1,000 fans to enter the pit. Donuts will be available for fans as they enter the pit on Saturday morning.
· Fans may arrive early to begin lining up for access to the pit at 4 a.m. ET, with the area being open around 5 a.m.
· Fans entering the pit will be checked by a security wand
· No bags, backpacks or purses permitted in the pit
· No offensive, vulgar, inappropriate or solicitation signage will be allowed (i.e., no political, religious, or .com, .org, .net signage)
· No signs on a stick
· No pens, pencils, markers or dry erase boards
· No food or drinks
· Throwing of objects is prohibited
· 3 p.m. – College Football Live will be taped from the GameDay set.
· 4 a.m. – Fans may begin lining up for access to pit behind the GameDay set.
· 5 a.m. – The pit behind the ESPN College GameDay set opens.
During the morning
ESPN SportsCenter is expected to have reports live from the GameDay set
· 9 a.m. – Noon – ESPN College Gameday will be live in the lawn in front of Grawemeyer Hall
· 5:45 p.m. – CardMarch – Fans are encouraged to participate in the pregame CardMarch, which provides fans an opportunity to greet the Cardinals and cheer them on as the team enters the stadium. The team will be dropped off on the south side of the Denny Crum Overpass on Central Avenue two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff. With the assistance of the UofL marching band and spirit groups, the team will walk from the Green Lot, through the tunnel and into Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. Fans are invited to arrive early and create an entrance way for the players as they head into the stadium. For those not attending the GameDay set, look to provide support for the team as they arrive.
· 6 p.m. – Gates open to Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium
· 8:12 p.m. – Clemson at Louisville kickoff
A list of stadium policies, including prohibited items that may not be brought into the stadium, is available online at this link: http://www.gocards.com/pjcspolicies.