Roger Goodell thought he was clever on Thursday.
The loathed NFL commissioner, a yearly victim of relentless booing at the NFL draft, flanked himself with Dallas Cowboys legends for Thursday’s NFL draft. With the draft being held in Dallas’ AT&T Stadium, surely Goodell had found the magic potion to keep the boos away.
— John Clark (@JClarkNBCS) April 27, 2018
“I can’t believe you guys are booing the Cowboys,” Goodell said in response to what sounded like an angry mob.
Fans in Dallas seemed irked, even energized by Goodell’s scheming at Jerry World. Not even Troy Aikman, Roger Staubach and Jason Witten could help the commish.
More NFL draft coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Browns draft Mayfield with No. 1 pick
• Giants take Barkley with No. 2 pick instead of Darnold
• Watch: Best of the NFL draft red carpet
• NFL draft grades 2018: The emoji edition
• Allen on offensive tweets: ‘We were young and dumb’