Oakland Raiders receiver Antonio Brown has reportedly cleared one legal issue, as TMZ reports he reached a settlement in an alleged furniture-throwing incident.
Lawsuit stemmed from April 2018 event
Brown was sued by Miami real estate developer Ophir Sternberg last year, after an incident in April 2018.
Brown allegedly threw pieces of furniture, including an ottoman and vases, from the window of his upper-level oceanfront condo at The Mansions at Acqualina in Miami’s Sunny Isles Beach.
Sternberg’s suit claimed that his 22-month-old son and the boy’s grandfather were near the pool when they were nearly hit by the falling objects and that the toddler was “severely traumatized by the incident, crying for hours.”
Sternberg sought over $15,000 in damages.
Brown said it was not him that threw the furniture, and last October his lawyer called the suit a “shakedown attempt.”
Police report: Brown was angry
According to the suit and a police report from officers who responded, Brown was “very agitated” over $80,000 and a handgun that were apparently missing.
When police arrived, they said Brown was yelling, and others with him in the unit were trying to calm him down.
Still facing lawsuit from building owners
The suit with Sternberg might be settled, but the owners of The Mansions at Acqualina have also sued Brown in the alleged incident, for damage to the furniture and apartment unit.
Acqualina 1402 LLC is seeking more than $15,000 in damages from Brown’s time as a tenant.
Brown and the Raiders open their offseason program on Monday.
More from Yahoo Sports: