ALBUQUERQUE – With the PNM Refrigerator Recycling Program, customers can earn $75 by recycling their old working fridge or freezer. PNM will even pick it up for free.
New Mexicans who recycle their old units can have a tremendous positive impact on the environment. For example:
• Each Fridge recycled keeps over 150 lbs. of material out of the waste stream.
• Every ton of plastic recycled (approximately 80 fridges) saves 30 cubic yards of landfill space.
• 95% of the material in fridges and freezers processed in a recycling facility is recycled or disposed of in a safe manner.
“The Refrigerator Recycling Program is a great way for customers to save energy,” said Alaric Babej, Manager of Customer Program Marketing and Development for PNM. “Recycling is something that PNM takes a lot of pride in and it’s always a great thing when customers can join in to help the environment while also earning $75 for it.”
Recycling an old fridge is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Schedule your pick-up date online at www.arcaincutility.com/NM/PNM/
2. Tell us how you’d like to have your unit picked up. PNM offers in-home or outside pick-up.
3. Receive your $75 check in the mail about four weeks from the pick-up date.
To learn more about the program, please visit www.pnm.com/fridge.
With headquarters in Albuquerque, PNM is the largest electricity provider in New Mexico, serving more than 530,000 customers in dozens of communities across the state. PNM is a subsidiary of PNM Resources, an energy holding company also headquartered in Albuquerque. For more information, visit PNM.com.
This article originally appeared on Deming Headlight: Recycle that old fridge or freezer with PNM and earn $75