The protest began at the famed Hollywood Forever Cemetery, with those gathered standing united in their condemnation of the grand jury decision in the killing of Breonna Taylor. As announced earlier this week, none of the involved officers—Brett Hankison, John Mattingly, and Myles Cosgrove—were indicted on charges directly related to Taylor's killing.
In fact, only one officer—Hankison—was indicted at all. His counts of wanton endangerment, as attorney Ben Crump later pointed out, are in connection with "shots fired into the apartment of a white neighbor."
- Facebook Sued for Empowering 'Right Wing Militias to Inflict Extreme Violence' in Kenosha
- Grand Jury Decision in Killing of Breonna Taylor Leads to Nationwide Protests
- White Bar Owner Indicted in Fatal Shooting of Black Protester Dies by Suicide
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.