Prince Harry may have been the one to nab Meghan Markle her reported Disney deal.
After reports surfaced that the Duchess of Sussex secretly did voiceover work for an upcoming Disney project ahead of her six-week holiday with Harry and their son Archie, a video began circulating that seemingly shows Harry touting Meghan's voiceover skills to Disney CEO Bob Iger at the London premiere of "The Lion King" in July.
The footage, which was recorded about three months before Meghan reportedly recorded vocals for the unnamed Disney project, shows Harry and Iger chatting on the film premiere's red carpet as Meghan hugged Beyoncé and chatted with Jay-Z.
Prince Harry inquires about a voice-over job for his wife Meghan Markle to Disney CEO Bob Iger at the Lion King premiere in Leicester Square last July. pic.twitter.com/bRHd1YoebH— Alex Salvi (@alexsalvinews) January 13, 2020
"You know she does voice-overs?" Harry can be heard saying in the resurfaced clip.
"Oh, really?" Iger responds.
"Did you know that?" Harry says before Iger confirms that he "did not know that."
"You seemed surprised," the British royal adds. "But, yeah, she's really interested."
"Sure," Iger says back. "We'd love to try."
The Times UK was the first to report news of Meghan's alleged deal with the Walt Disney Company, revealing that Disney will make a donation to Elephants Without Borders on Meghan's behalf in lieu of a direct payment, as members of the British royal family are prohibited from working for money.
Meghan's work with Disney came before her and Harry's stunning announcement last week that they're stepping down aa senior members of the royal family, partly because they don't want to be constricted with the various work they're seeking out.
"After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen," the couple said in a statement released on Instagram. "It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages."
"This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity," they went on. "We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support."
In the days since Meghan and Harry's announcement, countless reports have emerged claiming that the rest of the royal family was blindsided by their big reveal, with Queen Elizabeth reportedly holding an emergency meeting the following day in order to figure out how to proceed.