Dec 28 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- UK and Turkey to sign free trade deal this week https://on.ft.com/2WM2JRB
- Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine to be approved by UK within days https://on.ft.com/3aLgNTv
- Boris Johnson admits Brexit deal is limited for financial services https://on.ft.com/3puTsK6
- COVID-19 and Storm Bella rip into UK Boxing Day sales https://on.ft.com/3pkA16y
- The UK and Turkey are set to sign a free trade deal on Tuesday, the first since Boris Johnson secured a new trade agreement with the EU.
- The UK will approve the Oxford university/AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine in the coming days, with the number of people being vaccinated expected to increase significantly from the first week of January.
- Boris Johnson has admitted that the Brexit trade deal failed to meet his ambitions on financial services, as Brussels signalled that the City of London must wait until after January 1 to learn what market access it will have in future.
- Stormy weather and tough COVID-19 restrictions have taken a heavy toll on Boxing Day sales at a normally busy time for the UK high street as customers stuck at home turned to online shopping. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)