The Preps Power Rankings saw a few shakeups during the week with a few teams falling in head-to-head ranked matchups. A pair of Public League powers also suffered a few losses to cause some movement right before the holidays.
All of the holiday tournament action the next two weeks should really change things up next week as many of the area's best teams collide in elimination play.
1. Bloom (9-1, 3-1) (1) -- Bloom made quick work of Thornwood this week. They enter Pontiac as the No. 1 seed looking to win the event after falling short last season.
2. Curie (7-0, 3-0) (2) -- The Condors proved they belong in the No. 2 spot with a comeback road win over Simeon and a convincing win over previously-ranked North Lawndale. Curie is the No. 2 seed and on a potential collision course with Simeon and/or Bloom during Pontiac.
3. Evanston (9-0, 3-0) (3) -- Claiming a double-digit win over Maine South in conference play, the Wildkits remained unbeaten. Evanston will be one of the favorites at Centralia next week.
4. Bogan (10-1, 4-0) (4) -- Running past Clark for an easy win, the Bengals earned a win before Proviso West. The Bengals are one of the major favorites there next week after winning the event last season.
5. Morgan Park (5-2, 1-1) (5) -- The Mustangs took down Thornwood to earn a win before the holidays. Morgan Park faces a stiff national test when they play in the Beach Ball Classic in South Carolina.
6. Whitney Young (5-4, 4-0) (6) -- Winning in the first matchup at the prestigious City of Palms Classic, the Dolphins lost the last two to out-of-state opponents -- including Montverde's loaded group. Whitney Young continues to play national competition through next week at the Beach Ball Classic.
7. Loyola (11-0, 4-0) (7) -- Nice comeback win for Loyola on the road at St. Pat's after beating Steinmetz and Providence-St. Mel during the week. The Ramblers head to Florida where they'll try to win the championship once again.
8. Notre Dame (10-2, 2-0) (8) -- Two double-digit wins for the Dons as they took care of JCA and Leo. Notre Dame is the most talented team in the Wheeling Hardwood Classic field as they'll be favorites there next week.
9. Thornton (9-0, 4-0) (9) -- The Wildcats earned two more wins by beating Proviso East and Ferndale (MI). Undefeated Thornton is the major favorite in the Big Dipper at Rich South.
10. Marian Catholic (7-2, 1-1) (11) -- Confidence-building wins for the Spartans as they claimed double-digit wins over Tinley Park and St. Rita. The Spartans are one of the teams to watch at Hinsdale Central.
11. Lincoln Park (10-2, 3-1) (12) -- The Lions won two games as they prepare to head out of state for the holidays. Lincoln Park's only in-state loss remains to Whitney Young.
12. DePaul Prep (9-1, 5-0) (14) -- Another good week for the Rams with wins over Leo and St. Viator. Junior guard TY Johnson continues to blossom into one of the better junior guards. DePaul Prep is a dangerous team at Hinsdale Central.
13. Homewood-Flossmoor (7-1, 0-0) (15) -- Major win for the Vikings over Simeon as they have an early signature victory. Entering Hinsdale Central, the Vikings will be one of the teams to watch.
14. Simeon (4-4, 1-2) (9) -- Tough week for the Wolverines with losses to Curie and Homewood-Flossmoor to fall to .500. Still talented and dangerous, Simeon will have a little extra to prove at Pontiac next week as they could get another shot at Curie.
15. Stevenson (9-1, 3-0) (16) -- The Patriots took care of business with two easy wins during the week over Lake Zurich and Yorkville Christian. Stevenson joins a crowded Hinsdale Central field as one of a handful of top-15 teams trying to win the game.
16. Mundelein (10-0, 3-0) (20) -- Huge statement win over Lake Park for the Mustangs as Conor Enright and Scottie Ebube are a strong combination. The Mustangs will be one of the teams to monitor in an interesting field at Collinsville.
17. Lake Park (9-1, 3-0) (13) -- The Lancers dropped a tough road game to Mundelein for their first loss of the season. Lake Park enters Pekin as the highest-rated local team in what should be a fun week downstate.
18. Glenbrook South (10-0, 3-0) (19) -- Rivalry win over Glenbrook North and a win over Lake View for the Titans this week. The Titans are one of three ranked teams at Wheeling in what should be an intriguing field.
19. Fenwick (9-1, 5-0) (21) -- An overtime win over St. Rita was a close call for the Friars. Fenwick is one of the only ranked teams in the field at Proviso West this week as junior Bryce Hopkins will be a special attraction.
20. Niles North (9-1, 3-0) (22) -- The Vikings made quick work of Vernon Hills as they continue an impressive start to the state. Niles North will enter Wheeling as a team who could win that event thanks to the star power of Aquan Smart.
21. St. Charles North (9-1, 3-0) (23) -- Knocking off rival St. Charles East the North Stars move up a few spots. St. Charles North enters Pontiac with a tough draw as they could face Curie by the second round.
22. Hinsdale South (8-0, 3-0) (24) -- Quietly staying unbeaten, the Hornets earned a win over Downers South. Hinsdale South will get a lot of tough competition in the 32-team field at York next week.
23. Kankakee (8-1, 3-1) (NR) -- The third Southland team to enter the Power Rankings, the Kays have only fallen to No. 1 Bloom so far this season. Kankakee hosts its own holiday tournament next week as they'll be the favorite.
24. Orr (5-4, 3-1) (18) -- Orr fell to Crane at the Arne Duncan Shootout as their brutal starting schedule continued. The Spartans are out of state during the holidays as we don't seem them locally again until conference play.
25. York (8-1, 2-0) (NR) -- The Dukes made another strong case to enter the rankings by beating a solid Willowbrook team. York's only loss came at the hands of No. 15 Stevenson. York hosts its own 32-team tournament as one of the favorites this week.
Preps Basketball Power Rankings: Movement before holiday tournaments begin originally appeared on NBC Sports Chicago