- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
The Scotty Cameron blade putter has been a staple in Tiger Woods’ arsenal for a number of years. But after missing the cut at the U.S. Open, the golf legend could be mulling a change of the flat stick.
On Tuesday, at TPC Potomac ahead of the Quicken Loans National event, Woods strode across the putting green with a TaylorMade TP Ardmore 3 mallet putter.
While he has toyed with a mallet putter in years past, he has not ever used one in competition, according to USA Today’s Steve DiMeglio.
Whether or not Woods will use the mallet putter when the tournament begins Thursday remains to be seen, but it is a sign of his recent struggles. He missed the cut at the U.S. Open, shooting an 8-over 78 on the first day of the tournament and a 2-over 72 on the second day.
Over the course of the tournament, Woods struggled with the putter. That said, he ranks No. 37 on the tour in average putts per round with 28.59.
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Egyptian commentator dies of heart attack after team’s World Cup loss
• Bill Russell flips off Charles Barkley at NBA awards show
• James Harden named NBA MVP over LeBron, Anthony Davis
• Peru player temporarily paralyzed after collision in practice