Advertisement

Potential first-round pick Olivier-Maxence Prosper to keep name in draft

Marquette junior Olivier-Maxence Prosper on Friday told Jonathan Givony of ESPN that he will keep his name in the 2023 NBA draft and forgo his remaining college eligibility.

Prosper, who was born in Canada, initially declared for the draft in April with the option to return to school next season. He was once viewed as a likely second-round pick but is now considered a potential first-rounder after a strong pre-draft process.

The 6-foot-8 forward produced 21 points and seven rebounds in his lone appearance in 5-on-5 scrimmages at the draft combine last week in Chicago, Illinois. He also recorded the third-highest max vertical jump (40.5 inches) and the third-fastest shuttle run (3.0 seconds).

Related

2023 NBA Mock Draft 4.0: The latest projections after the draft lottery

Prosper averaged 12.5 points, 4.7 rebounds and nearly one steal on 51.2% shooting from the field in 36 games this past season. He recorded four 20-point games, including a career-high 31 points on Nov. 17 in a win over LIU.

He previously spent time at the NBA Academy Latin America in Mexico City before playing his freshman year at Clemson. He transferred to Marquette and spent the past two seasons in Milwaukee, establishing himself as a key player for the team.

Prosper said at the combine that he would take some time to make a decision on his future. After receiving feedback from teams, the 20-year-old feels good about entering the draft and looks poised to hear his name called in the first round.

He had until May 31 to withdraw from the draft and return to school.

More 2023 NBA Draft!

Rumor: Tennessee transfer Julian Phillips leaning toward staying in draft

Xavier junior Colby Jones explains what he brings to the NBA

All-ACC third-team center PJ Hall announces NBA draft decision

Story originally appeared on Rookie Wire