MORE HEADLINES - PODCAST: A 1-3 start, the GT game and more | Five big questions entering Rice week | 10 thoughts on the 1-3 start, the offense, the defense and more | Five answers from the Georgia Tech game | Narduzzi: "We've got to get a lot better" | Final box score: Georgia Tech 35, Pitt 17
Pitt's still got an "OR" at quarterback on the depth chart this week, but there's a new name on top and other changes. Here's a rundown of Pitt's latest two-deep.
Offense Depth Chart - Week Five
Ben DiNucci OR
Qadree Ollison OR
Ruben Flowers III
Rafael Araujo Lopes
Jimmy Morrissey OR
Jaryd Jones-Smith OR
Jerry Drake Jr.
- Pitt stuck with an "OR" at quarterback between Ben DiNucci and Max Browne, but the difference this week is that DiNucci is listed first in the "OR" equation.
- The coaches did add a position to the depth chart this week: fullback, which hasn't appeared on the two-deep since the first official release of the season. And it's even more notable this week, as George Aston is listed as the starting fullback for the first time all season.
Aston was hurt in training camp and missed the first four games of the season, but he was listed as "probable" on the injury report last week. Now he's on the depth chart.
- Interestingly, freshman tight end Tyler Sear is listed as Aston's backup at fullback.
- With adding the fullback, the coaches removed the third receiver spot from this week's two-deep.
- The coaches also made a few adjustments to the listings of the offensive linemen, making Brandon Hodges the backup at both guard spots (last week he was only the backup at right guard). And the coaches added an "OR" at center between Jimmy Morrissey and Connor Dintino.
Defense Depth Chart - Week Five
Dewayne Hendrix OR
James Folston Jr.
Patrick Jones II
Dane Jackson OR
- The coaches made no changes up front on the defensive depth chart this week, but there were some adjustments in the back seven.
- For starters, redshirt freshman Henry Miller made the two-deep for the first time in his career this week, showing up as the backup at Star linebacker. That's an indication of a position change the coaches made last week, moving Miller from safety to linebacker. Pat Narduzzi said Monday he thinks Miller can be the starter down the road at that position.
- Miller replaced Anthony McKee, who was previously listed as the backup at Star linebacker but does not appear on this week's depth chart.
- Junior Jordan Whitehead returned from suspension for the Georgia Tech game and started in Atlanta; this week, he is listed as the starting boundary safety.
- For the first four weeks of the season, the coaches listed Bricen Garner and Jazzee Stocker as "OR" starters at field safety; this week, Garner is the sole starter with Damar Hamlin behind him (and ahead of Stocker).
- The coaches also removed Malik Henderson from the two-deep; he was a second backup at cornerback, behind Avonte Maddox and Jason Pinnock.
Special Teams Depth Chart - Week Five