MORE HEADLINES - 5 questions entering Georgia Tech week | Slideshow: Recruits at the Oklahoma State game | 5 answers from the Oklahoma State game | 10 thoughts on Pitt's loss to the Cowboys | After mid-game switch, Narduzzi has decision to make at QB | What did four-star Kwantel Raines think of Saturday's game? | Virginia RB takes in Pitt game | Narduzzi on the blowout loss, the QB change and more
Pitt's new depth chart features a major change at the most important position. Here's a look at the two-deep the Panthers released on Monday.
Offense Depth Chart - Week Four
Max Browne OR
Qadree Ollison OR
Ruben Flowers III
Jaryd Jones-Smith OR
Jerry Drake Jr.
- The big change is obvious, as Pitt added an "OR" at quarterback between Max Browne and Ben DiNucci. That addition comes in the wake of Browne, who started the first three games, getting pulled in the second quarter of Pitt's 59-21 blowout loss against Oklahoma State on Saturday.
DiNucci replaced him and threw for 228 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions, along with gaining 33 yards on six rushing attempts.
Pat Narduzzi said Monday that he would make a decision on a starting quarterback for this week's game at Georgia Tech during the week.
- The Pitt coaches also added an "OR" at running back between Qadree Ollison and Chawntez Moss. Moss got more carries than Ollison against Oklahoma State and was the team's leading rusher in that game.
- One other change on the two-deep was on the offensive line, where redshirt junior Alex Bookser was added as an "OR" starter with redshirt senior Jaryd Jones-Smith at right tackle. Jones-Smith has started the first three games at that spot this season, but redshirt senior Brandon Hodges rotated in for Jones-Smith during the first half of the Penn State game.
Hodges got hurt in that game, though, and didn't play against Oklahoma State. The coaches still rotated, moving Bookser from right guard to right tackle and bringing redshirt junior Mike Herndon in at right guard for two drives in the first half.
- Hodges is listed as the backup right guard, so the starter at right tackle could depend on his health. If he's available on Saturday, Bookser could move to right tackle with Hodges stepping in at right guard.
Defense Depth Chart - Week Four
Dewayne Hendrix OR
James Folston Jr.
Patrick Jones II
Anthony McKee Jr.
Dane Jackson OR
Dennis Briggs OR
Bricen Garner OR
- The two-deep on defense only had one change from last week, and that came from the reinstatement of junior safety Jordan Whitehead, who was suspended for the first three games of the season.
Whitehead is listed as an "OR" starter at boundary safety with redshirt junior Dennis Briggs, who started the first three games at that position.
Special Teams Depth Chart - Week Four
Ian Troost OR