Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Former NHLer Mike Brown explains how he was able to make it to the highest level. (Puck Junk)
• The Hockey News breaks down the top 30 free agents to be. (The Hockey News)
• Justin Holl and Travis Dermott have really helped the Maple Leafs blue line. (TSN)
• It’s been a tough year for Wild defenseman Matt Dumba. (Hockey Wilderness)
• It might be time for the Preds to turn to Juuse Saros a little more often. (Predlines)
• What are the fancy stats saying about the Los Angeles Kings? (Jewels from the Crown)
• Max Pacioretty is on pace to have a career year. (Sinbin.Vegas)
• The Coyotes have loaned Barrett Hayton to Team Canada for the World Juniors. (Five for Howling)
• The Blues are about to have a lot of tough decisions to make on their roster. (Bleedin’ Blue)
• It’s time for the Lightning to give Cal Foote a chance to make their roster. (Raw Charge)
• Is it time for the Devils to start worrying about Jesper Bratt? (All About the Jersey)
• Cayden Primeau is showing that he’s already NHL ready. (Habs Eyes on Prize)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.