- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at phtblog@nbcsports.
• How the Avalanche and Lightning helped build their Stanley Cup teams via the trade route. [TSN]
• Daniel Alfredsson, Herb Carnegie, Roberto Luongo, Riikka Sallinen, and Daniel and Henrik Sedin will make up the Hockey Hall of Fame’s Class of 2022. [PHT]
• “Though Ottawa is his permanent home, Alfredsson is in Sweden at the moment and when he hadn’t heard anything by early evening Swedish time, he assumed this was not going to be his year – again. He and his family, plus friends, were in the backyard and it started to rain, so they had just gone inside to get out of the weather when the phone rang.” [Sportsnet]
• The case for Shane Wright to go No. 1 overall in next week’s NHL Draft. [NHL.com]
• What do you think about the “RoboPen” Penguins logo and should the team bring it back? [Pensburgh]
• A look at what happened to the Islanders this season. [NBC Sports Edge]
• Fun read on what players need to do to get ready for their summer vacation. [Daily Faceoff]
More NHL news
Alfredsson, Luongo, Sedins headline Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2022 NHL Power Rankings: Top individual performances from 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs Even with free agent questions, Avalanche are built to last
PHT Morning Skate: MacKinnon’s influence on Avs; Dumba’s future with Wild originally appeared on NBCSports.com