Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
Kim Davis, others are proud of NHL players for speaking up about race
• NHL executive Kim Davis shared some great insight to The Canadian Press on how she feels about players speaking out regarding race.
“I’ve had people comment all week that for our league to use race and Black Lives (Matter) in the same sentence is unprecedented,” Davis said.
Even so, Davis notes that saying Black Lives Matter or using the name George Floyd is a great, but taking action to help is what really matters. (The Canadian Press)
• NHLPA director Donald Fehr also praised players, as “not everybody, but a lot” of people have spoken out about issues revolving around racism. (Also via the Canadian Press)
• Count Jarome Iginla among those who are also impressed with how players have responded. (31 Thoughts Podcast)
Other NHL and hockey links
• Could we see long-lasting changes to the NHL “calendar?” (Boston Globe)
• Yes, Jimmy Howard suffered through a rough season. And, sure, this is probably it for Howard with the Red Wings. The veteran goalie wants to prove he can still play in the NHL, though. (The Detroit News)
PHT Morning Skate: Kim Davis, others praise NHL players for speaking out on racism originally appeared on NBCSports.com