Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from the NHL and around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit for the PHT Morning Skate? Email us at email@example.com.
• How the Return to Play’s unique format changed the race for the Stanley Cup. [Five Thirty Eight]
• Ahead of their series with the Flames, what can the Jets take away from Calgary’s loss to Edmonton Tuesday night. [Sportsnet]
• In case you missed it yesterday, Nathan MacKinnon seems ready to go:
• A little more on the Coyotes/John Chayka split: “After it appeared things remained status quo for Chayka and the Coyotes, he told Meruelo that he wanted to leave for an opportunity with that team: a job that would be a step up from NHL GM, into a role overseeing aspects of other sports teams in the owner’s portfolio. According to an NHL source, that team was the New Jersey Devils, whose owners Josh Harris and David Blitzer own the Philadelphia 76ers, Crystal Palace FC, multiple minor league teams, an esports team and, potentially in the future, the New York Mets.” [ESPN]
• The NWHL is eyeing a January start for next season. [NWHL]
• Weeks after announcing it will be moving its program to Division I, St. Thomas University will be joining the CCHA for the 2021-22 season. [College Hockey News]
PHT Morning Skate: DeBoer’s goalie plans; Bruins’ competition originally appeared on NBCSports.com