Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at email@example.com.
• The Springfield Thunderbirds went full “Gin & Juice” over the weekend as they rocked these vintage jerseys.
• How is the NHL draft looking after the World Junior Championship? It’s Rasmus Dahlin, then everyone else. [TSN]
• USA Hockey has a very bright future on the junior level. [Sporting News]
• So, about those “easy expansion rules” for the Vegas Golden Knights… [Sin Bin Vegas]
• The Florida Panthers are sliding into the midpoint of the season heading in the wrong direction. [Panther Parkway]
• Neat story about how Pierre-Cedric Labrie of the Milwaukee Admirals can thank Grand Rapids Griffins goalie Tom McCollum for being able to get home in time for the birth of his son. [Freep]
• Three years after undergoing surgery for a brain tumor, 12-year-old Levi Whitcomb is back on the ice. [boston.com]
• Finally, here’s Kris Versteeg, Mayor of Chirpsville:
If there was a chirping competition at Super Skills, Steeger would win it, hands down. No question.
#10 was mic'd up during today's events and we have to say, it's a must-watch. pic.twitter.com/tS9y6ru4j9
— Calgary Flames (@NHLFlames) January 8, 2018