Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Find out how Spanish announcers translate english hockey terms to fit their own broadcasts. (ESPN)
• There’s still an opportunity for certain players to make to the All-Star Game thanks to the fan vote. NHL.com’s writers debate which players should make it to San Jose later this month. (NHL.com)
• Unlike the Avs, the Capitals have a tremendous amount of depth, and that’s what makes them dangerous. (TSN)
• Puck Junk looks at the top 10 hockey collectible stories from last year. Yes, Gritty found a way to make it into the post, too. (Puck Junk)
• Former referee Paul Stewart explains that calling two penalty shots on the same play is not unprecedented. (Hockey Buzz)
• Sportsnet breaks down the top seven pending unrestricted free agents on one-year contracts that are now eligible to sign extensions. (Sportsnet)
• Jamie Benn plays “What’s in the box”: