Welcome to the PHT Morning Skate, a collection of links from around the hockey world. Have a link you want to submit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The NHL shouldn’t be influenced by MLB’s playoff gimmicks. (The Hockey News)
• How motivated will each Canadian team be to buy at the trade deadline? (Sportsnet)
• Identifying all the buyers and sellers at the deadline. (The Score)
• Ranking the top 10 coolest goals ever. (ESPN)
• The Bruins need to be all-in at the trade deadline. (Stanley Cup of Chowder)
• It doesn’t look like the Habs will make the playoffs, so they’ll have to decide how much they want to sell. (Habs Eyes on the Prize)
• Phil Esposito loves Alex Ovechkin‘s passion for scoring goals. (NBC Sports Washington)
• Guy Lafleur is eager to get on with his life after undergoing a quadruple bypass. (NHL)
• The Maple Leafs should probably trade Tyson Barrie. (Leafs Nation)
• Should the Panthers trade Mike Hoffman for defensive help? (Rat Trick)
• The Avs have gone from underdogs to legit Stanley Cup contenders. (Mile High Hockey)
• Don’t be surprised if the Minnesota Wild make some more deals. (Hockey Wilderness)
Joey Alfieri is a writer for Pro Hockey Talk on NBC Sports. Drop him a line at email@example.com or follow him on Twitter @joeyalfieri.