Not a subscriber? Click here to sign up now!
Oregon State's disappointing season continues as the Beavers dropped to 1-5 on the season. All the Oregon State players can do at this point is keep their chins up, keep working, and keep fighting.
A few members of the Beavers' football team met with the media following the 38-10 loss in the Coliseum to discuss the game.
"I feel like we came out ready to play," wide receiver Seth Collins said. "All the penalties added up. At the end of the day we have to play four quarters. If you don’t play four quarters you’re not going to win.
"We were in the red zone and fumbled. It wasn’t something they did, we just killed ourselves to be honest. We can’t have a defeatist mindset. We have six more games left."
On the defensive side of the ball, safety Jalen Moore echoed similar thoughts as Collins.
"I felt like we got better as a defense, but there were little things," Moore explained. "I dropped an interception. I feel like we have to make those plays and capitalize on those opportunities. I feel like every game we have a chance. We just have to capitalize and execute as a team."
Cornerback Kyle White gave very interesting comments behind the microphone about USC quarterback Sam Darnold. The Trojans' gunslinger tossed over 300 yards and three touchdowns, but White wasn't very complimentary of Darnold.
"Nothing special. He’s a normal Pac-12 QB," White said. "I didn’t see anything special. He made his throws, made his reads. He fumbled twice. He had one picked off. Should’ve been three. He’s ok. A lot of the plays he made is because we shot ourselves in the foot."
- Oregon State entered the game with the ninth toughest schedule in the country. This was the Beavs third straight game facing a top 25 opponent. It was the first time OSU has faced such a stretch since 2010.
- Oregon State played without starters Ryan Nall (RB), Xavier Crawford (CB), Jay Irvine (CB) and Paisa Savea (DE). Returner and backup linebacker Kesi Ah-Hoy also did not play.
- Thomas Tyner (RB) got his first career start in a Beaver uniform.
- Artavis Pierce (RB) scored his first touchdown of the season. He ran for 60 yards on 12 carries.
- Collins eclipsed 100 yards as he ran for 23 yards and had 91 yards receiving.
- Moore had two tackles for loss, and Jonathan Willis (LB) had the Beavs' lone sack on Darnold.
- Oregon State had two drives that spanned more than 10 plays, but one ended in a turnover on downs, and the other ended in a fumble.