RESENDING WITH COMPLETE SCRIPT
VIDEO SHOWS: FOOTAGE AND A STILL SHOT OF A BRAZILIAN THIRD DIVISION SOCCER MATCH PLAYED ON A PITCH WITH A MISSHAPEN CENTRE CIRCLE
SHOWS: CAMBE, PARANA STATE, BRAZIL (NOVEMBER 22, 2020) (ACP TV - MUST COURTESY "ACP TV")
1. PLAYERS FROM BRAZILIAN THIRD DIVISION SIDES, CAMBE AND PARANAVAI, ON PITCH AHEAD OF MATCH AT THE JOSE GARBELINI STADIUM WITH A MISSHAPEN CENTRE CIRCLE
2. REFEREES, JEAN FABIO SOUSA, WAGNER MALVEIRO, AND CICERO APARECIDO, HAVING A DISCUSSION AT THE MISSHAPEN CENTRE CIRCLE
3. STILL SHOT OF THE PITCH WITH THE MISSHAPPEN CENTRE CIRCLE
4. REFEREES HAVING DISCUSSION AT THE MISSHAPEN CENTRE CIRCLE
5. WHITE FLASH
6. KICKOFF AT START OF MATCH AFTER REFEREE GIVES GO AHEAD
7. VARIOUS OF MATCH PLAYED WITH MISSHAPEN CENTRE CIRCLE
STORY: The misshapen centre circle on a Brazilian soccer pitch was drawn wrongly and has also drawn the wrong kind of attention.
But irregularities at the Jose Garbelini Stadium were not only limited to the centre circle. Clear deviations could also be seen in the halfway line as well.
The match between local clubs Cambe and Paranavai in the third division series in the southern Brazilian state of Parana went on despite the curiously shaped ring with referee Wagner Malveiro Silva noting "defective" line markings and a centre circle that did not fit "standards".
Brazil's Globo Sports reported the stadium is owned by the city, but that the line markings are the responsibility of the clubs.
Hosts Cambe reportedly chalked the irregular lines up to the mistake of a local groundskeeper and assured the markings would be redrawn to standards in the coming days.
Cambe lost the match 2-0.
(Production: Leonardo Benassatto, Kurt Michael Hall)