NFL's highest paid running backs for 2023 season: Ranking RBs by salary
Who are the highest paid running backs in the NFL entering the 2023 season?
Here's a look at the Top 10 running backs in the league, ranked by average annual salary, per overthecap.com, a site that tracks NFL player contracts (through May 4, 2023).
The San Francisco 49ers' Christian McCaffrey leads the list, at $16 million per year.
The New Orleans Saints' Alvin Kamara is second, at $15 million per season.
The Minnesota Vikings' Dalvin Cook is third with an average annual salary of $12.6 million, followed by the Tennessee Titans' Derrick Henry at $12.5 million.
The Cleveland Browns' Nick Chubb rounds out the Top 5 at $12.2 million per season.
NFL's highest paid players in 2023: Quarterbacks | Running backs | Wide receivers | Tight ends | Cornerbacks | Safeties | Linebackers | O-linemen | D-linemen | Edge rushers | Highest paid players: Overall | By position | By team
NFL's highest paid running backs in 2023 (average salary per year):
1. 49ers RB Christian McCaffrey: $16 million
2. Saints RB Alvin Kamara: $15 million
3. Vikings RB Dalvin Cook: $12.6 million
4. Titans RB Derrick Henry: $12.5 million
5. Browns RB Nick Chubb: $12.2 million
6. Bengals QB Joe Mixon: $12 million
7. Packers RB Aaron Jones: $11.5 million
8. Cowboys RB Tony Pollard: $10.1 million
8. Raiders RB Josh Jacobs: $10.1 million
8. Giants RB Saquon Barkley $10.1 million
- Source: overthecap.com
Reach Jeremy Cluff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @Jeremy_Cluff.
Support local journalism: Subscribe to azcentral.com today.
This article originally appeared on Arizona Republic: NFL's highest paid running backs: Rankings for 2023 NFL season