The Panthers win!
Every team has a win in 2023. That doesn’t mean each will wind up with two or more the way some teams are going. According to Tankathon data, here’s how they stack up heading into Week 9…
15. Tennessee Titans (3-4, strength of schedule .535)
Do not be shocked if the Titans find a way to .500. Will Levis will be tested intensely Thursday by the Steelers.
14. LA Chargers (3-4, strength of schedule .523)
The Chargers crushed the Bears. Let’s see how they do against the Jets in a more representative test.
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-4, strength of schedule .489)
The Buccaneers tricked everyone with their 3-1 start. Now, playing Tampa Bay is a treat for opponents.
12. Arizona Cardinals vis Houston Texans (3-4 strength of schedule .484)
The Cardinals will have a lot of work to do in the 2024 NFL draft at this rate.
11. Washington Commanders (3-5, strength of schedule .515)
The only thing keeping the Commanders from another season in the NFC East cellar is the New York Giants.
10. LA Rams (3-5, strength of schedule .512)
The Rams could be thinking of a quarterback to replace Matthew Stafford eventually with the way last season and this one have gone.
9. Denver Broncos (3-5, strength of schedule .500)
The Broncos have won two in a row. It will take a miracle for Sean Payton to get them to 8 or 9 wins. But he is that kind of coach.
8. Las Vegas Raiders (3-5, strength of schedule .489)
Josh McDaniels was supposed to be an offensive mind. Key word being “supposed.”
7. Indianapolis Colts (3-5, strength of schedule .488)
The Colts have a lot of offensive firepower. Jim Irsay needs to be thinking of how to improve his defense.
6. Green Bay Packers (2-5, strength of schedule .455)
Who will feel heat sooner, Jordan Love or Matt LaFleur? One has to believe Aaron Rodgers is getting a quiet kick out of the Packers’ poor play.
5. New England Patriots (2-6, strength of schedule .557)
How many times would Bill Belichick trade back with a top 5 pick?
4. New York Giants (2-6, strength of schedule .534)
3. Chicago Bears (2-6, strength of schedule .454)
Tyson Bagent will start again in Week 9. That means the Bears have to be hoping the Cardinals somehow win a game so they can slide into the 1 and 2 slot in the draft.
2. Chicago Bears via Carolina Panthers (1-6, strength of schedule .519)
See pick No. 3