Welcome to Week 16 of the National Football League fantasy division. I will be your conductor on this journey into the depths of fantasy football angst and jubilation. We'll start with the actives and inactives and then I'll keep you updated on all of the Sunday action.
We also have Week 16 Rankings from Mr. Pat Daugherty and Sir Evan Silva's detailed look at every game in his Matchup Column. Both will help you make those last second playoff lineup decisions, so check them out.
* Adrian Peterson will start.
* Terrance Williams (hamstring) is active for Sunday's game at Washington
* Texans declared TE Garrett Graham is out. Ryan Griffin will start in a good matchup.
* ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on Sunday Countdown that there "seems to be some concern" about Calvin Johnson's (questionable, knee) Week 16 availability, and he's "not a sure thing to play" against the Giants.
* Maurice Jones-Drew will start and Jordan Todman will back him up.
* Jordan Cameron (concussion) is inactive for Week 16 versus the Jets.
* Panthers declared RB Jonathan Stewart inactive.
* Wes Welker is out until the playoffs.
* Tavon Austin (ankle) is inactive for Week 16 against the Bucs.
* Daniel Thomas (ankle) is active for Sunday's game at Buffalo.
* Weather.com projects no rain in the Charlotte forecast for Sunday's Saints-Panthers game. There is a 100 percent chance of rain in Charlotte today, but it's not expected to start until 4PM ET at the earliest
* Weather in Green Bay: Snow. High near 26. North northeast wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of around 4 inches.
* Weather in Washington D.C.: Occasional showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 71. Breezy, with a southwest wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
* T.Y. Hilton officially active.
* Jacksonville beat writer tweets: RT @ Look for MJD to get around 16 touches, Todman to get between 8-10. Neither a quality start from a fantasy perspective.
* GOOD LUCK ALL! Let's play some Fake Football!!
* Dennis Johnson starts at RB, as expected.
* MJD 1 carry for 6 yards. Jordan Todman 1 carry for no yards.
* After strip-sack of Matt Cassel Bengals capitalize with 4-yard TD run by BenJarvus Green-Ellis.
* DeMarco Murray has a 3 yard TD run.
*Jamaal Charles picks up where he left off with a 31 yard TD run.
* Cam Newton picked off after Ginn can't handle the heater.
* Jake Long carted off in St. Louis.
* Knowshon Moreno gains 33 yards on a run.
* Nate Washington still without a drop this season has 2 receptions for 51 yards.
* After a Jermaine Gresham fumble Matt Cassel connects with Jarius Wright for a 36 yard TD.
* Vincent Jackson catches a 30 yard pass down to the goal line.
* Marcedes Lewis with a 30 yard reception.
* Todman 3 carries to MJD's 2.
* Bobby Rainey gets in on a one yard TD run.
* The Jaguars just threw a TE screen to retiring center Brad Meester, who gained 9 yards and got standing ovation.
* Chad Henne throws a 4 yard TD to Marcedes Lewis. That's his 4th straight in 4 games.
* Henne and Fitzpatrick are a combined 9/10 for 148 yards and a TD.
* Dez Bryant is hurting on the sideline.
* Steve Smith down with left leg injury.
* Robert Woods catches a 57 yard pass.
* Andre Johnson catches a 33 yard pass, his 100th reception of the year. This is his 5th season with 100 receptions.
* Dez Bryant is fine. Looked like he just got wind knocked out of him. Was doing pushups on sideline, now back on field.
* Josh Gordon with a 24 yard reception.
* Zac Stacy runs one in from 1 yard. He already has 10 carries, but for 27 yards.
* Von Miller out for the game with a knee injury.
* A.J. Green beats Chris Cook for a 29 yard TD.
* Peyton Manning touchdown number 48 on the season. This one to Demaryius Thomas for 36 yards.
* Adrian Peterson has 7 carries for 31 yards. Seems to be ok.
* Bobby Rainey lost a fumble.
* Knowshon Moreno with 5 touches for 61 yards.
* WR Stedman Bailey rushes for a 27 yard TD for the Rams.
* Marques Colston has 4 receptions for 55 yards.
* Pierre Garcon at 6 receptions for 69 yards.
* Fred Jackson 9 yard TD run.
* Sean Payton just called for onside kick with his new kicker Shayne Graham and it worked!
* Josh Gordon with back-to-back drops in the end zone.
* Demaryius Thomas up to 4 receptions for 76 yards and a TD.
* Keyshawn Martin returns a punt 53 yards. Texans in good field position.
* Andrew Luck dumps it off to Donald Brown, who does the rest on a TD catch and run for 33 yards.
* Bills WR Marquise Goodwin (knee) is out for the rest of the game.
* Ed Baker rushes in for a 5 yard TD. Browns up 10-0.
* Chad Henne to Mike Brown 7 yard TD.
* Texans CB Johnathan Joseph (foot) has been ruled out for the game
* Pierre Garcon and Demaryius Thomas both over 100 yards before half time.
* Santana Moss was wide open for a possible touchdown. Kirk Cousins throw is slightly behind him. Bounces off Moss' hands for INT.
* DeAngelo Williams runs for a 43 yard TD. He's been huge the last 2 games.
* Official word on Calvin Johnson in 20 minutes. Most reports were positive from warmups.
* Andy Dalton throws his second TD, this one to Jermaine Gresham for 17 yards.
* Geno Smith to David Nelson 6 yard TD.
* Steve Smith done for day with knee injury.
* Calvin Johnson is ACTIVE.
* Peyton Manning at 296 yards and 1 TD before half. He's at 5,107 yards and 48 TDs. Brees' record 5,476. Brady's record 50 TDs.
* Tyler Clutts fumbles and Washington recovers. Everyone watching just called him a clutz.
* Brandon Carr getting killed by Pierre Garcon - 9/117.
* Missed a Dez Bryant 14 yard TD from Tony Romo earlier when my computer was pouting.
* Ryan Fitzpatrick intercepted.
* Peyton Manning has 100 more yards than any other QB right now. Needs 277 yards to break Drew Brees' single season record.
* DeMarco Murray has 10 carries for 75 yards and a TD. He'll probably see 5 touches the rest of the game.
* Jamaal Charles up to 93 yards and a TD on 12 touches.
* Dolphins running backs have 9 carries for 9 yards today.
* Pierre Garcon keeps up his huge game with an 8 yard TD reception. 10/125/1
* Mike Brown having a nice game with 5 receptions for 71 yards and a TD.
* Pierre Garcon's 106 receptions ties Art Monk's Washington single season record.
* Saints run the fake FG, putting Luke McCown into the shotgun. They did not succeed.
* Andy Dalton throws his 3rd TD, this one to Mohammed Sanu for 7 yards. The Bengals are up 35-7.
* Tony Romo intercepted. Poor throw plus Dez Bryant slipping.
* Donald Brown rushes for a 51 yard TD, his second of the day.
* Andre Johnson just dropped a perfect ball in the end zone.
* Keyshawn Martin catches a 15 yard TD in the back of the end zone. Denver up 16-13.
* Shonn Greene goes in from 1 yard out. 16-13 Jaguars.
* Pouring down rain at the Saints/Panthers game now.
* Alfred Morris rushes in for a 4 yard TD. 20-14 Washington.
* Jason Campbell intercepted.
* Robert Woods ejected for throwing a punch. No Goodwin and now no Woods.
* Chris Ivory with a 20+ yard run. He's at 12 carries for 73 yards.
* Josh Gordon added a 22 yard run and is up to 75 total yards.
* Cowboys first three drives of the second half = fumble, interception, three-and-out (on three passes).
* Marvin Jones has 5 receptions for 79 yards. He's been playing well of late.
* Aaron Dobson is active for the Patriots.
* Drew Brees picked again. That's 2 for the game.
* Andy Dalton throws his 4th TD and 2nd to AJ Green, this one a 2 yarder.
* Andy Dalton is great against horrible teams and vice versa.
* Nate Washington now having a HUGE game after a 30 yard TD reception -- 6/115/1
* Cordarrelle Patterson rushes for a 36 yard TD.
* Luke Kuechly has 19 tackles and an interception
* Good Geno Smith showing up today as he throws his second TD to David Nelson.
* Tony Romo is hurting. Staying in the game but limping badly. Looks like his right leg.
* Deji Karim looks to have passed up Dennis Johnson as the lead back in the second half.
* Bengals pouring it on. Still passing up 28 in the 4th.
* Ryan Tannehill walking off the field slowly in Buffalo. Matt Moore in for Miami.
* Matt Schaub intercepted.
* And of course Matt Moore throws a 50 yard pass to Brian Hartline after coming in for Tannehill.
* Peyton Manning throws a 10 yard TD to Eric Decker. Manning's 49th TD of the season.
* And then Matt Moore is intercepted.
* Mike Glennon sacked and fumbles.
* 5 yard TD to Jimmy Graham from Drew Brees. Saints up 13-10 after being down all game.
* Alex Smith picked off and KC is down 23-7 at home to the Colts.
* Ryan Tannehill has taken six sacks today, briefly left after last one by Kyle Williams. But he's back on the field now.
* Tony Romo to Terrance Williams for a 51 yard pass. Dallas down 6 with 2:16 left.
* CJ Spiller fumbles.
* Matt Cassel throws an interception.
* Peyton Manning may have thrown his 50th TD of the year, the second to Eric Decker if it stands.
* Geno Smith rushes for a 17 yard TD.
* Peyton Manning's 50th TD stands. He ties Tom Brady's record.
* Tony Romo on 4th and goal from the 10 yard line throws to DeMarco Murray for a TD to go up 1.
* After a mostly poor game Cam Newton leads the Panthers down the field and throws a TD to Domenik Hixon for 14 yards.
* Mr. Peyton Manning throws his 51st touchdown of the year. This one went 25 yards to Julius Thomas.
* Peyton Manning has 5,211 yards passing and 51 touchdowns through 15 games.
* Carson Palmer intercepted.
* Calvin Johnson and Joe Fauria both have a 17 yard reception.
* Andre Ellington rushes for a 26 yard gain.
* No points in the late games yet.
* Carson Palmer intercepted again. Nice play by Richard Sherman.
* Field Goal by Giants' kicker Josh Brown!!!
* After a pass interference call, the Patriots get the ball at the one and LeGarrette Blount goes in for a 1 yard TD.
* Marshawn Lynch has 6 carries for 46 yards.
* Joe Flacco intercepted.
* Matt Flynn throws to Jarret Boykin for a 5 yard TD.
* Josh Gordon only caught 6 of 16 targets, but with his 22 yard run totaled 119 yards.
* Jamaal Charles finished the day with 18 touches for 144 yards and a touchdown.
* Tom Brady 4 yard TD pass to Shane Vereen.
* Joe Fauria can only catch 17 yard passes today, 2 so far.
* Ben Roethlisberger to Emmanuel Sanders 1 yard TD.
* Reggie Bush fumbles.
* Philip Rivers fumbles.
* Joe Flacco sacks himself by falling down.
* Darren McFadden runs in a 5 yard TD. Plain and simple robbery from Rashad Jennings.
* Shane Vereen on the sideline with a possible hamstring injury.
* Rueben Randle makes diving catch in end zone for TD ... but delay of game on Giants.
* Antonio Brown with a 41 yard punt return.
*Eli Manning throws a 20 yard TD to Jerrel Jernigan.
* Philip Rivers throws an interception. That's 2 turnovers today for Rivers.
* Shane Vereen went to the locker room.
* One of the crazier playoff scenarios coming into this weekend was for the Pittsburgh Steelers who needed to win their final two games to have a chance, and then have Baltimore and Miami both lose their final two games, and San Diego would have to lose at least once. AND they needed the New York Jets to win the last two games. So far Miami lost, the Jets won, the Ravens are down by 17, the Raiders are beating San Diego and the Steelers are tied in Lambeau.
* Matt McGloin intercepted. Chargers have a very short field.
* Ryan Mathews rushes in from 7 yards out for a touchdown, his third straight TD.
* Unfortunately Ryan Mathews heads to the locker room after his TD.
* Eddie Lacy runs in a 14 yard TD to put them up 14-7.
* Keenan Allen makes an 18 yard reception, fumbles it away.
* Joique Bell gets in from 1 yard.
* Reggie Bush in the dog house. Bell with 15 touches 72 yards and a TD. Bush with 10 touches for 34 yards and a fumble.
* Joe Flacco 5 of 10 for 52 yards and an interception at halftime.
* Ben Roethlisberger runs it in for a 13 yard TD.
* Clay Matthews is out with a thumb. They're just seeing each other.
* Emmanuel Sanders is also out.
* Carson Palmer throws his 3rd interception.
* Nick Fairley sacked Eli Manning for a safety.
* Philip Rivers to Keenan Allen for a 4 yard TD. Chargers up 17-10
* Carson Palmer picked for the 4th time, once again by Richard Sherman.
* Theo Riddick 2 yard TD run. This is where Reggie Bush is in the game plan right now.
* Eddie Lacy runs in a 2 yard TD, his second, after a pretty horrible call against the Steelers.
* Andre Brown has 13 carries for 16 yards.
* Russell Wilson has completed just 8-of-23 passes for 56 yards.
* Ben Roethlisberger hits Matt Spaeth for an 11 yard TD.
* Le'Veon Bell has 18 carries for 102 yards. The first 100 yard rushing game for Pittsburgh in 23 games.
* Cortez Allen intercepts Matt Flynn for a 40 yard pick 6.
* Russell Wilson throws an 11 yard TD to Zach Miller putting them up 10-9. Arizona kicking themselves for not being able to score a TD.
* Eddie Lacy limps off the field. May have reaggravated his ankle injury.
* Matthew Stafford throws a pick-six. Tie game.
* After throwing no TDs and 4 interceptions Carson Palmer throws a 31 yard TD to Michael Floyd with 2:13 left to take the lead.
* Rashard Mendenhall converts the 2 point conversion to put the Cards up by 7.
* John Kuhn goes in from 1 yard. Tie game in Green Bay.
* Eli Manning intercepted for the 133rd time.
* Arizona Cardinals go into Seattle and win. Did not see that coming.
* Joe Flacco gets in on a QB sneak.
* Andre Brown fumbles in overtime within FG range.
* Matt Flynn fumbles, Steelers ball within FG range tied up with 2:05 left.
* LeGarrette Blount rushes in for his 2nd TD of the game, this one from 7 yards out. Patriots have this one.
* Josh Brown kicks a FG in OT for the win. Lions aren't good.
* Le'Veon Bell goes in for a short TD. Steelers probably should have kneeled down and let the time run off the clock for the game winning FG there. They're up 7 with 1:36 left.
* Packers return the kickoff 70 yards. Green Bay at the Steelers 30.
* Matt Flynn throws an incompletion at the goal line as time runs out, Steelers win.
* Tyrod Taylor has a fumble returned for a TD, then throws a pick-six. Patriots' D/ST with a huge surge at the end.