USC football's bizarre week continued Thursday when senior running back Anthony Brown abruptly quit the team and accused coach Steve Sarkisian of racism.
Sarkisian announced the news at practice a day after another player, senior cornerback Josh Shaw, was suspended indefinitely for making up a story about spraining his ankles while saving his drowning nephew .
After the announcement, Brown posted this on his Instagram with the captain, " Sark treated me like a slave in his Office...Can't play for a racist MAN!!!!! #Fighton."
It was later deleted:
Sarkisian was taken aback:
More From Business Insider
- Texas A&M's New $20-Million Football Complex Looks Amazing, And They Can Thank Johnny Manziel
- Here's How The New College Football Playoff Works
- USC Football Player Admits He Made Up Story About Hurting Himself While Saving His Drowning Nephew
- The Story Of A USC Football Player Hurting Himself While Saving A Drowning Kid Keeps Getting Stranger
- USC Football Player Injured After Jumping From 2nd-Floor Balcony To Save Drowning Nephew