There have been numerous rumors over the past couple of days that a fighter from the recent UFC on FX 7 event in Brazil failed his drug test.
Most of said rumors have zeroed in on Vitor Belfort.
Not true says UFC president Dana White, who confirmed there was a drug test related issue stemming from that event, but vehemently denied that it centered on Belfort.
“There wan an irregular test. Something was wrong,” White said at Saturday night's UFC 156 post-fight press conference. “Whenever something wrong happens, or weird, (the samples) get retested and, usually, it's not a good thing.
“It (expletive) was not Vitor Belfort. Yet, right now I bet if you talked to 100 people, 100 people will tell you that Vitor Belfort failed his drug test in Brazil. That's (expletive).”
The issue had also been brought up to Belfort earlier in the day during a group interview with the UFC 156 media.
He also denied failing his drug test, saying that he thinks people are just jealous of the success a fighter of his age – he is 35 years old – had against a man like Michael Bisping, who was in line for a title shot.
White, while acknowledging that “something went wrong,” fell short of saying just exactly what went wrong. He did say that the results would be made public shortly.
“I do know the results. They'll be out Monday.”
Stay tuned to MMAWeekly.com for all the latest UFC news as the story develops.