Terrel Hunt was having a mixed start to his senior season, but things went south pretty quickly late in the first half in the Syracuse Orange's season opener against the Villanova Wildcats. Following a scramble, Hunt was tackled by Villanova LB Dillon Lucas and lost his cool. Here's the video.
As you can see, he clearly throws a punch (and connects). Following a brief conversation, the officials announced a dead-ball personal foul and disqualification for the Syracuse signal caller. Unacceptable behavior in any football game, but especially considering that Hunt is a senior and this isn't the first game action of his career. Now, the question becomes whether Hunt will be suspended in the coming weeks, or if he'll be available in two weeks when Syracuse travels to Central Michigan.
Hunt's exit means that sophomore QB Austin Wilson is now leading the Orange offense, and he's looked pretty good since coming in to the game.
The Orange currently lead Villanova 17-7 in the third quarter.
More from sbnation.com:
- Chris Silva is visiting all his finalists, except Villanova
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for August 28, 2014
- Men's Basketball Roster finalized
- The Sun's Arizin: Villanova Wildcats news and links for August 27, 2014
- Nyack announces Villanova exhibition
- Syracuse vs Villanova: Know your opponent