* Arter missed a 77th-minute penalty for the Cherries
* His foot seemed to slip as he ballooned his spot kick high
* Tadic hit the post for Saints as did Smith for Bournemouth
* The south coast rivals both moved on to 34 points
* Southampton host Palace next, Bournemouth visit Liverpool
SOUTHAMPTON 0 BOURNEMOUTH 0
April 1 (Reuters) - Harry Arter blazed a second-half penalty over the bar as Bournemouth blew a golden chance to beat their south coast rivals Southampton in a Premier League stalemate at St Mary's on Saturday.
Both sides hit the post, Dusan Tadic curling one for Southampton while Adam Smith's low drive came desperately close for the visitors.