Your open thread and links for the day, including some predictable news regarding ticket prices, Scherbak's awe, Price back to training, and more.
Montreal Canadiens Links
- Nikita Scherbak is still in awe after being selected in the first round by the Habs. "Montreal is my favourite team. It's awesome." You'll do quite well here Nikita. Quite well.
- On the subject of the recent first round pick, he doesn't seem to have lost a step this summer.
- Carey Price has returned to practice, albeit two weeks later than normal due to his knee injury and overall fatigue.
- All About the Habs took a look at some of the best and worst trades in the last ten years. It might be little early to call the Parenteau trade one of the best.
- The Habs invited another coke machine to their rookie camp.
- Martin Reway continues to play well in Europe. Mitch Brown brings us video of his most recent game in the Champions Hockey League, which included two assists and a pretty shootout goal.
- Here are some Lars Eller pictures because it's the offseason and I'm struggling to find anything worthwhile. Deal with it. Speaking of Eller pictures, this is my favourite.
- The Canadiens have released their ticket pricing information. To absolutely no one's surprise prices have gone up yet again. Here's a comparison to last year's prices thanks to gohabsgo.com
Around the NHL
- Tim Leiwke's one regret in his time with the Leafs was using the term parades a little too frequently. "I didn't understand when I got here that it was the Montreal phrase for beating the crap out of Leafs fans."
- Marek Troncinsky scored a Hertl. Let's hope the opposing goalie doesn't have to retire.
- Let's be frank, the San Jose Sharks have lost their minds. Adam Gretz explains.
- Larry Robinson tried to elaborate on why the Sharks stripped Thornton of the C.
The GIF of the day comes from the CHL, and it's a beauty:
More from sbnation.com:
- Friday Habs Links: Is this the year for the Canadiens?
- Canadiens 2014 Top 25 Under 25: #12 Magnus Nygren
- Ice Level on Thornton losing the C, Sekac the new Pacioretty?
- Don Cherry and Ron MacLean take the Ice Bucket Challenge
- Canadiens 2014 Top 25 Under 25: #13 Dustin Tokarski
- 2013-14 Canadiens Season Review: Jarred Tinordi