Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dean Ambrose is expected to miss at least one month to work on Lockdown and, as of right now, he is not booked for the Night of Champions pay-per-view. It's possible he makes a last minute appearance on that show, however, as filming is expected to wrap on Sept. 20, one night before the event.
- Daniel Bryan is being advertised for WWE house shows in Europe because the feeling is they need as much star power as they can get to sell that tour. Even if he's not available to wrestle, he will be making appearances.
- Rob Van Dam is apparently leaving WWE again after tonight's SmackDown taping in Ontario, Canada.
- Kevin Steen reported to the WWE Performance Center yesterday to begin work for the company in NXT. Still no word on whether he's keeping that name or not but early indications are he won't.
- The rumored network interested in cutting a deal with TNA is Dicovery's VELOCITY, which is currently available in just under 50 million homes. Apparently the offer for the rights to Impact was less than a quarter of what Spike is paying now.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.
More from sbnation.com:
- Stone Cold Steve Austin could come back for a match at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas
- John Cena on heel turn: I do what WWE tells me
- Triple H: We will probably never see or hear from Dean Ambrose again
- Rumor Roundup (Aug. 25, 2014): Brock Lesnar, WWE title, Velvet Sky, TNA TV deal, more!
- WWE Raw results, live blog (Aug. 25, 2014): John Cena returns; Hogan, Michaels, Flair do too
- Hulk Hogan has issues with Brock Lesnar over unscripted comment on WWE Raw