Bethe Correia called out Ronda Rousey following her win against Shayna Baszler at UFC 177, here's the champ's immediate reaction.
After being criticized for her streak of decision wins, Bethe Correia stopped Shayna Baszler after a barrage of punches at UFC 177. The win gets her to an impressive 9-0 mark in her career, with two of those wins notably coming from half of the Four Horsewomen. Correia wants a shot at the pack's leader and called out Ronda Rousey after the fight, here's the champion's brief reaction to the win:
"I just hope she doesn’t lose before I get a chance to beat her myself"
Related: Rousey Interview: Carano is 'the one insisting' on 135 lbs, reacts to angry BJJ champs
Correia is currently ranked #10 in the division, and is likely set to take a step or two up the ladder with this win over Baszler. A potential title fight already has the building blocks and a nice story line with Correia's win over 2 of Rousey's teammates, but as the champ implied, the Brazilian striker still has some climbing to do before she actually deserves that shot.
More from sbnation.com:
- UFC 177: Dillashaw vs. Soto live results, play by play and discussion
- UFC 177: Dillashaw vs Soto post-fight press conference
- UFC 177: Dillashaw vs. Soto - Results and post-fight analysis
- Dana White lashes out at media for 'disgusting, despicable things' said about UFC 177
- Dana White: Renan Barao will not receive a title shot upon his return
- Bellator trolls the UFC with 'Free Fight' release of Joe Warren vs. Joe Soto video