Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker is expected to miss the rest of the regular season with a concussion, ESPN reported Friday.
Welker will reportedly be officially ruled out of this Sunday's game against the Houston Texans, which means he will miss his second straight game.
The 32-year-old veteran suffered a concussion -- his second of the season -- on Dec. 8 in a 51-28 victory over the Tennessee Titans and did not play last Thursday in the Broncos' 27-20 loss to the San Diego Chargers. He has not practiced for the past two weeks.
"The biggest thing with his is we just want to make sure he's healthy," said Broncos head coach John Fox. "When they give us the go ahead, we'll have him out here. Right now, our biggest concern is Wes' health. When he's available, he'll be available."
Andre Caldwell caught two touchdown passes last week with Welker out, and is in line to receive just as much work against the Texans if Welker has not recovered.
"I feel great. All the hard work is paying off," said Caldwell, who joined the team as a free-agent pickup in 2012. "I've been around here for two years and finally got a chance to make something happen."
Welker has had two concussions in the past three weeks.
The Broncos wrap up the regular season Dec. 29 against the Oakland Raiders and do not want to increase the risk of Welker sustaining a third concussion. The team hopes Welker will be healthy for the playoffs.
A source told ESPN that Welker's health is "still the highest priority."
Welker has 73 receptions for 778 yards with 10 touchdowns this season.